Thursday, June 19, 2008

My friends, the authors!

If you are on the garden tour, be sure to scroll below and see my gardens before leaving.

Publishing a book is so exciting! Two friends have recently published books that I would love to share.

(After the garden party I thought all of you might be interested in a great book on flower pressing. This one is really detailed and has some great step by step photographs!)

Gene Burkhart has just had his first book, Pressed Flower Art, delivered from the publisher. Gene is an award winning pressed flower artist that has created so many wonderful pieces. For many years he was a well known and loved exhibitor at the Philadelphia Flower Show and is now serving as a judge. His studio is at The Goggle Works- a neat place I will have to share with you another time. Gene is having a book signing this Friday night!



Joan Buzick and I have been friends since high school. She has written the greatest little book for parents (and grandparents) and children to read together. Too often we focus on negative things. Her book "What Went Right Today" focuses on just that. Click on the link and you can go to her webpage to learn more. The book has a CD of a great song that you will never get out of your head once you hear it! She will be selling her book on QVC sometime this summer. I have used this book in my work with parents and teachers. Knowing how important the early years are in developing resilient children, the positive message is a great tool as we work to raise responsible, happy adults.

1 comment:

Beneath the Eaves said...

Sue, First thanks for the comment on my blog about the garden. I just wanted to say that you are so right that a positive influence in this world helps our children. It is so hard with most people so negative. Two of my children entered the working world for the first time with Summer jobs. It was an eye opener for
them how negative the world in general is. They need to have their own positive foundation in order to get through life. I will be checking out the website. Mine our no longer young, but our oldest helps run the youth group at church. It might be a great gift for her. Thanks again. Debra