Thursday, November 27, 2008

So much to be thankful for

Today is a day we stop to say thanks and there are so many things to give thanks and praise for. Family is at the top of the list. I am thankful to spend the day with my sons, their wives and adorable grandbaby! Distance separates other family members but not our thoughts of them. My daughter in law loves to cook and does it so well. She is our chef today and I can't wait! This is the first time in years I have not been in the kitchen cooking away for today.
Today is also a special birthday. My brother turns 50! Ironically he will probably look pretty much the same today as he and his wife are in the process of major home renovations. Happy Birthday, Mark!

This is also the day we try to take our "annual family picture." It has become a silly joke but I love every minute of it!

1 comment:

Vee said...

Hope that we get to see the family photo. That's one cute little brother you've got there! Fifty? Pah, nothing to it!

Ahhh, to one day have a daughter-in-law take over Thanksgiving festivities...what a fond wish. :D