Sunday, February 8, 2009

Friends that follow



As I walked around my house I saw lots of friends that have followed me here. The bunny and the penguins have been with me since I was a child. Unwrapping them brought a feeling of home and the familiar.

This hutch holds so many friends both inside and out.



The two pieces of pottery are new friends that remind me of friends I left in PA. The bowl is a piece made by Lester Breininger (I know the link is dated but he doesn't have a website). I have always admired his work from afar and now I have a piece of my own! More importantly, each time I look at it, I am reminded of the wonderful coworkers who are my friends. The snowman plate is also pottery and from the other home economists I worked with in our region. It is a wonderful reminder of those wonderful folks!

We visited a nearby church today. We went to their first service and I was shocked by the sea of cars and people waiting to get in for the next service. I am not used to the size ( approx. 2000 attend each Sunday over 3 services). The message was excellent and the people so welcoming. The other thing that surprises me is that the church has a fitness center with a pool! Anyone who knows me knows how much I miss my daily water aerobics- this pool has a class each morning!

1 comment:

Vee said...

What fun to see your hutch getting set up and all the "friends" who followed you there. You'll find lots of friends are already there. ;>

That church sounds incredible. I just read the description to John and he's still in awe.