Monday, May 18, 2009

One of my favorite musicians....


I have so enjoyed Phil Keaggy's music for so many years. I last saw him in person more than 20 years ago in New York at a great little theater. It was a fantastic venue to hear this talented musician. Lately I have been playing his songs over and over again on my ipod. Some of his Beatle covers are fun too!

I watched this clip and realized we are all aging! I still picture Phil as he was on this album cover above.

What a day it will be when we all will be together in heaven. I sure hope I can hear Phil play and sing!!

I am amazed at what you can find on YouTube! I listened to lots of my old favorites and for a moment was a teenager again! (Joe, do you remember that Larry Norman concert I dragged you to?) It is also amazing what you can find to download on an ipod. So why are we keeping all those vinyl lps?

It is also amazing how certain songs bring back memories of certain people. Right now the faces of friends I have not seen in many years are flooding my memories, good memories!

So is this music that any of you enjoyed??

2 comments:

Vee said...

Yes, I really like Phil Keaggy and went to one of his concerts years ago. I like Barry McGuire and Keith Green and who's that other guy? If it comes to me, I'll let you know. Loved, loved, loved the Second Chapter of Acts. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane!

Vee said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOW3zaedMg

You Tube really does have a lot of great stuff! Love the harmonies of
2nd Chapter of Acts...nothing like the harmony of family members with similar vocal chords!