Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just what is being destroyed?

We are taking a road trip this weekend to Concord, NC to visit and shop at the Free Market Warrior. So much for a free market, the store is being evicted from the mall because of the conservative material it peddles. Agreed, a privately owned mall can choose its tenants just as we can choose where to shop and where not to shop. I know where I will spend some of my money this weekend. You can read about this here.


I found this article to be interesting. Here is a short snippet concerning passage of the heathcare legislation:
"Let's just lay everything on the table," Grassley said. "A Democrat congressman last week told me after a conversation with the president that the president had trouble in the House of Representatives, and it wasn't going to pass if there weren't some changes made ... and the president says,

'You're going to destroy my presidency
.'


I ask: What about destroying this country. I do think that this is a far greater concern than one man's presidency.

4 comments:

Vee said...

Yes, this president is like another I can recall who was entirely too interested in his legacy. And I agree with you, if he gets his way, he is going to continue doing great damage to the country and let's get specific, to the people of this country and that means you and me.

Donna said...

When he says that it isn't about him or about politics, you can bet your bippy that it is TOTALLY about him and about politics!

Donna said...

Another tidbit for you. That mall is owned by Simon Properties, and Mr. Simon is a billionaire friend and political contributor to PrezBO.

Maggie Thornton said...

So glad you are going to visit Free Market Warrior. I wrote about them the minute I heard about it and I have a follow-up in the works. Take a pic while you're there of you and their products - then loan it to me put up LOL! I would love that.

I also am going to order from them. Mr. Spivack is definitely a free market warrior.

Have a great weekend. I'll look forward to your report.