Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thomas Paine Wisdom For The Fourth



He who dares not offend cannot be honest.

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.




I am always grateful to those who have gone before, affording me the privelege to think and share honestly.

I am thankful for those now serving to safeguard our freedom and liberties. May our great country continue to be a beacon of liberty.

God bless America!
Sue

3 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I hope we never become a nation of DEPENDENTS....we should always remain a nation of INDEPENDENTS! I am thankful for all those who have fought to secure and preserve our freedom!
XOXO
Joni

Vee said...

Beautiful Independent thoughts perfect for this day and every day. Thank you! Now you and yours have a very celebratory day!!

Sue said...

Happy 4th of July, Sue!
I wasn't able to attend the Indianapolis TEA party today...which the news has made absolutely NO MENTION of...

I have been SO preoccupied...the reason which will be revealed shortly...that this 4th has almost come and gone unnoticed. I can't wait to read Joni's account of her TEA party, can you? Were you able to go to yours?

This Independence Day feels so strange to me...almost like it is one of our last ones. (Maybe it is because it has been unusually cold and rainy all day....) Sorry for the "downer" thought, but it is how I feel. I pray God continues to bless our land and forgive us our transgressions...of which there are SO MANY!

God Bless, Sue!