Monday, December 1, 2008

Looking for a home

We have looked at so many homes in the Greensboro area- there are so many for sale. We are not making any decisions until our house sells but we keep thinking about a few of them. There is one house- older brick ranch that has been meticulously cared for, a kitchen that I LOVE with great appliances and a layout that I dream about. Our only problem is the neighborhood. At the next block there are a few homes that are not maintained well. Yet there are others that are lovely. How to know if we would be happy there or regret the choice. I guess if the house is still there when we are ready we will have some thinking to do. The selling agent actually contacted our realtor and offered us a price drop of $15,000 if we would make a commitment. We had been through the house twice so they knew we were interested but at this point we are not ready to commit to anything...yet I still dream of this house and arrange our furniture in it as I fall asleep! There are lots of new homes and this is one that we are also enamored with. We have watched the price drop on this as well as there are so many new homes out there. My husband LOVES the extra garage that is built to hold a car lift with an extra high ceiling and a fantastic room on the second floor- think craft studio!! I love the porch that is in the back that neither of these pictures show.

While we struggle with choices and worry about timing and selling a house I am assured knowing that He has it all planned out and knows why we are moving, when we are moving and where we will live. Why can't I just sit back, relax and enjoy the journey?

5 comments:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I love the house! Hope all works out--

Vee said...

Oh the possibilities! I love the one you've shown. Now I'm intrigued about the kitchen in the other house. Yes, neighborhoods are either coming or going. My neighborhood was sooooo charming when I moved here. Now that a few Yahoos have moved in, it's on the slippery slope to a total mess. I think that I'm going to do a blog post on that some day!

Maggie Ann said...

I hope all your dreams come true! Just surfing about this afternoon, taking a break from cleaning my pc room.

Maggie Ann said...

I hope all your dreams come true! I just left a comment but it seems to have been rejected by blogger.

Kristine said...

Hi Sue,

What a beautiful home! Are you looking forward to moving to a warmer climate? There are pros and cons to every location but wow, I think Greensboro would be pretty ideal.
I know what you mean about trusting God in situations like this. So hard to "let go and let God".
I'll keep tuned to see what happens next.