Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some strange things are going on...

So what do you think of Letterman's apology? I think he looks rather pathetic- fighting for his job as even sponsors have dropped advertising. He barely makes eye contact. I find it hard to believe that he did not know the governor did not have a daughter at the game- if there was no daughter at the game the joke would never have even been written.

What do you think about ice and hail deep enough to shovel, in NJ, in June? Kind of makes those fighting global warming look silly. All those green causes costing green dollars...hmmm...maybe we should rethink some of them.

And CBS, of Letterman fame, is producing a new "reality" show where they have blocked 8 neighbors behind a tall wall and will soon start filming. Who will be watching and WHY?

This morning I can't even bring myself to think about the really scary stuff around us like N Korea, Iran, our very own government. So instead I am pondering these absurdities and wondering what have we become? A recent report confirms what I have known for some time. American families are spending less time together and this report is saying the internet is to blame. I am not surprised.

I do hold out some hope that I am not alone. A recent Gallup Poll
reveals that 40% of Americans consider themselves to be conservatives and 35% moderate. So WHY are Americans accepting this radical agenda our president has set forth???? Only 16% consider themselves to be liberal and 5% very liberal. 4% had no opinion (but they can still vote!).

I say instead of having our taxes withheld from our paychecks, Americans should be forced to write a check to the government for their portion of taxes. Then we would have change and fast! People are complacent and just accept what is taken from them whether it be money, freedom or this country as we know it.

No comments: