Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It has been awhile...

I am here but catching up on things at home after having been away. I promise that thistlepatch will get some much needed attention very soon.


I was thrilled that we could be in the DC area to celebrate the start of a new life together. We have watched the groom grow up with our sons and,in fact, refer to him as our third son. He has a gorgeous bride. The two were made for each other! The party to celebrate was breathtaking! Congratulations Joe and Alicia!

It was also great to be able to stop in VA on our way home to celebrate my dad's birthday with him! It was a quiet celebration- we didn't go riding or anything exhilerating like that. Just for fun I thought I would remind dad of a day when he did go riding....many days ago. (I also thought you would get a kick out of this, Kiera-the great horsewoman that you are, to see your daddy and grandpa riding! Believe it or not, it happened!) Yee-Haw! Have a great year, dad!


Lately I have spent more time on Facebook than on blogs. (It allows me to rant in short snippets!) It is also fun to see how some of us fellow bloggers and ranters have found each other! My concern for this great country continues. I could listen to Reagan over and over again. Too bad we do not have leadership like him right now! If you have some time, listen to his words- it amazes me how we can apply them to today's issues.

like that

No comments: